The Difference Between Education 1.0 & 3.0 contributed by Jackie Gerstein For specific training and professional development around technology integration, contact TeachThought Professional Development to bring Jackie Gerstein and other TeachThought professionals to your school today. Schools are doing Education 1.0; talking about doing Education 2.0; when they should be planning and implementing Education 3.0. …
20 Observable Characteristics Of Effective Teaching
- Begins class promptly and in a well-organized way.
- Treats students with respect and caring.
- Provides the significance/importance of information to be learned.
- Provides clear explanations. Holds attention and respect of students….practices effective classroom management.
- Uses active, hands-on student learning.
- Varies his/her instructional techniques.
- Provides clear, specific expectations for assignments.
- Provides frequent and immediate feedback to students on their performance.
- Praises student answers and uses probing questions to clarify/elaborate answers.
- Provides many concrete, real-life, practical examples.
- Draws inferences from examples/models….and uses analogies.
- Creates a class environment which is comfortable for students….allows students to speak freely.
- Teaches at an appropriately fast pace, stopping to check student understanding and engagement.
- Communicates at the level of all students in class.
- Has a sense of humor!
- Uses nonverbal behavior, such as gestures, walking around, and eye contact to reinforce his/her comments.
- Presents him/herself in class as “real people.”
- Focuses on the class objective and does not let class get sidetracked.
- Uses feedback from students (and others) to assess and improve teaching.
- Reflects on own teaching to improve it.
No âmbito da implementação, em regime de experiência pedagógica, do Projeto de Autonomia e Flexibilidade Curricular (PAFC) nos ensinos básico e secundário, no ano letivo de 2017-2018, a Organização para a Cooperação e Desenvolvimento Económico (OCDE) procedeu à sua avaliação
O estudo elaborado pela OCDE apresenta uma análise da implementação do PAFC, baseada na informação recolhida nas visitas efetuadas a algumas escolas participantes no projeto, bem como nos princípios de conceção do currículo identificados pelo projeto OECD Education 2030. O estudo apresenta ainda os resultados preliminares da implementação do PAFC e emite algumas recomendações sobre a generalização da autonomia e flexibilidade curricular.
O documento pode ser consultado aqui.
There are many essential modern teacher skills needed in the classroom today. This is a list what are some of the most important and useful.
The Future of Education and Skills – 2030 by OECD